Saturday, November 3, 2012

Third Installment in Sue Dent's Thirsting for Blood Series Coming Soon

Yes, the editing process has begun and I'm wrapping things up on my third installment and hopefully in time for Christmas. Do be advised though, I've asked my publisher to make this book short-run through Lightning Source. This means third-party sites like Amazon and GoodReads won't be able to post about the book or sell it. Others will be able to sell copies on Amazon or other third party sites but not the sites themselves meaning my publisher will have full control over the information concerning this title

The main reason I'm doing this is because sites like Amazon and GoodReads allow folks to leave reviews and what not on books they can legally list but they do not monitor or control the content in any shape, way form or fashion. I've therefore decided to take that power away from sites like Amazon and GoodReads. 

If you want to purchase the third installment of my book, you'll have to go straight to the publisher to pre-order or buy it. 

Because my publisher uses Lightning Source, the books will still be available for a reasonable rate wherever LSI is set up to print books. Therefore the decision to make my book short-run doesn't affect the limited distribution POD books have at all!!!! 

Just means I can sue the daylights out of Amazon or any other third party site if they attempt to sell the third installment themselves. Oh what fun!

Do keep in mind that I'm an independently published author who writes stories for folks to enjoy. The only distribution available to me is through POD printers. I've only had one publisher who came close to getting on with Ingram and they went under. The third installment in my Thirsting for Blood Series won't be any "less available" than it is now EXCEPT that you won't be able to go into a Barnes & Noble or other large bookstore to order it. But guess what, I don't make any sales that way anyhow. So there ya go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment